Soquel Creek Water District is seeking a Water Distribution Operator I/II (depending on experience) in our Maintenance & Operations department. This is a full-time, benefitted position.
• Installs, maintains and repairs water distribution systems, including pipelines, taps, valves, meter services, fire hydrants and related accessories and structures; performs construction and maintenance work on District buildings and facilities as assigned
• Excavates and shores trenches; backfills cuts; patches, repairs, resurfaces streets; site cleanup
• Observes safe work methods/safety practices; traffic control for street work
• Operates vehicles skillfully and safely; observes safe driving practices
• Operates and maintains a wide variety of hand and power tools and equipment
• Reads and interprets maps, plans, blueprints and specifications
• Completes and maintains work related basic records
• Assists contractors & utilities representatives with location of District service lines
• Responds to customer complaints of low pressure, high pressure and water quality
• May train and direct the work of others; may act in a lead capacity on specific jobs
• Works regularly schedule on-call shifts and responds to emergency situations in off-hours
Physical requirements listed on the job description with or without accommodation, plus the following:
Operator I - Formal and/or informal education including reading, math, and communication skills. Relevant work experience using hand and power tools is desirable. Valid California Driver’s License, clean driving record, proof of valid insurance. Upon employment, must obtain within specified time periods: CDL Class “B” with Tank endorsement and California D-2 Distribution Operator Certificate issued by the Division of Drinking Water. Must be available for after hours on-call and emergency work.
Operator II – At least two (2) years of experience in construction and maintenance of water distribution systems at a level equivalent to the District's Water Distribution Operator I. At time of employment must possess and continue to maintain: clean driving record, proof of valid insurance, valid California Driver’s License Class “B” with Tank endorsement and California D-2 Distribution Operator Certificate issued by the Division of Drinking Water. Must be available for after hours on-call and emergency work.