Staff Analyst (IT Analyst)
Salary: $7,976.80 – $10,204.13 Monthly
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 01341-E
Location: CA, CA
Department: Information Technology
Closing: 9/23/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
IT Projects and Business Operations Unit (Position Code 0880) Overview:
Are you someone that enjoys public sector budgeting, technology, and loves digging into data? Do you have public sector budget and contracts administration experience? Do you enjoy generating reports, digging into data and keeping teams and projects organized? If so, check out this opportunity.
Valley Water’s Information Technology (IT) Projects and Business Unit is looking for a Staff Analyst to monitor its operational and capital budget and expenses. This position will be responsible for processing all IT invoices, contract renewals, monitoring budget account balances and forecasts, and utilizing the ERP system to provide data analysis. This individual will provide analytical, decision-making support in the administration of assigned operations.
• Manage and maintain IT’s operational and capital budget and expenses.
• Maintain and support all IT support contracts and renewals.
• Provide high-quality reporting and business analysis.
• Process all payments and provide status of invoices, POs, contracts.
• Perform other duties to support the IT division in reporting, administration.
Ideal Candidate’s Background Includes:
Applicants whose experience and background best match the ideal experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and education are considered ideal candidates for the position. To determine the top candidates, each applicant will be assessed based on the ideal candidate criteria listed below.
• Three (3) years of experience administering contracts and budgets preferably in public sector.
• Experience working in an IT department is ideal.
• Proficiency (intermediate level or above) with Excel or similar.
• Experience with ERP systems for budget reports, invoice processing, and purchase requisitions.
Ideal Skills and Abilities:
• Interpret, summarize, and present administrative and technical information and data.
• Recommend and implement modifications to existing programs, systems, and procedures.
• Research and summarize data and prepare logical written reports and correspondence related to assigned area independently or from brief instructions.
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks for multiple business areas, while staying organized, and representing their teams to both internal and external partners.
• Excellent communications skills–ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Juggle multiple competing priorities and/or projects without missing deadlines or key milestones.
• Use common desktop applications and software as well as specialized software related to the work, produce high quality work, and operate in a fast-paced environment.
• Develop and use spreadsheets and databases.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Demonstrate innovation, creative thinking, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Work in a collaborative team environment while taking direction from multiple managers and/or program leads.
• Basic principles of office management and public administration.
• Statistical and research methods.
• Financial record keeping.
• Public sector procurement.
Ideal Training and Education:
Equivalent to an associate degree from an accredited college or university. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university is a plus (with a major coursework in business administration, project management, IT, Finance, or a closely related field).
Required License or Certificate
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver’s license. Individuals who do not meet the driver’s license requirement due to a disability will be considered for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. To review the Classification Specification, please click http://apps2.valleywater.org/About_Us/_Jobs/Salary_and_classification/_Spec_PDFs/Staff Analyst 5-2019.pdf https://get.adobe.com/reader/
(1) The selection process may include one or more of the following: application review, application assessment, performance exercise, written exercise and/or interview.
(2) The Employment Application, Qualifying Information Questions and/or Supplemental Questions will be evaluated based on the ideal candidate criteria listed above. Resumes are highly recommended.
NOTE: Position and start date is subject to availability of funds. Valley Water retains the right to repost this position as deemed necessary.
Consideration may be given to existing applicant pools within the same classification.
Valley Water’s Equal Opportunity Non-Discrimination Policy is available for review upon request.
Valley Water will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources in advance of any special needs by calling 408-630-2260.
Please be aware that once submitted all application materials become the property of Valley Water and will not be returned. Human Resources staff are not authorized to make copies of application materials for applicants.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2489638
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
See Job Description