Opens online at www.ebmud.com/jobs on Monday, August 2, 2021
Online applications must be received by 4:30 p.m., Friday, August 13, 2021
Internal Reference # 21-108
East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) offers state-of-the-art computer systems and challenging assignments in a wide range of application development specialties. Software Engineer IIs (SEIIs), in Applications Development, develop and maintain web based business applications using a variety of technologies. SEIIs collaborate with product owners, users, customers, Scrum team members, and other IT groups to gather requirements, plan work, develop, design, code, test, and produce user documentation. SEIIs typically specialize in one or more technologies, such as Ruby on Rails, .NET, and/or Oracle. The ROR/.Net group works with all departments within EBMUD and supports a wide variety of application domains.
The Software Engineer II must be knowledgeable about:
• Software development and systems analysis principles and techniques.
• The operation, functions, capabilities and requirements of computer hardware and related peripheral equipment.
• Application flow and process control.
• Data integrity requirements.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have experience with one or more of the following: Capybara, Rspec, Capistrano, RubyMine, Microsoft Visual Studio, Twitter Bootstrap, AJAX, REST, SOAP, JSON, and/or Oracle/SQL.
• Be proficient with web application design and architecture.
• Understand how to design a User Interface for usability.
• Understand Scrum and the software development lifecycle.
• Have effective data modeling skills.
• Understand Data Warehouse design and analytical reporting.
• Be an energetic, creative, self-starter.
• Be a flexible team player.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels of staff individually and within teams.
• Have strong communication skills.
• Relish tackling and solving problems.
• Have experience working on various projects.
The Software Engineer II monthly salary range starts at $8,370, increasing to $8,789, $9,228, $9,689, and $10,173 after 6, 18, 30, and 42 months, respectively.
EBMUD offers an excellent benefits program that includes: paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; family health insurance coverage; family dental and vision care plans; retirement plan (reciprocal with CalPERS); 401(k), 401(a) and 457(b) tax-deferred retirement plans; transit subsidy; tuition reimbursement; and opportunities for professional growth including training and career development.
Any combination of education and experience that has led to the acquisition of the knowledge and abilities indicated above. Typical means of acquiring the essential knowledge and abilities is a combination of training and experience equivalent to:
1. A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Related majors such as computer science, information systems, and information technology are preferred.
2. Two years of professional systems analysis and programming experience developing business applications for computer systems. Experience must demonstrate use and expertise using modern, object-oriented principles and tools. Some positions may require additional experience or expertise in specific programming languages and/or IT specialties.