Senior Management Analyst (Senior Security Analyst)
Salary: $10,204.13 – $13,067.60 Monthly
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 01316-E
Location: CA, CA
Department: Safety, Emergency and Security
Closing: 9/8/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Security Unit (Position Code 0876)
Are you an experienced security professional with a track record of being a team player in a law enforcement, military, corporate/public security, or a homeland security setting? Does the idea of joining a forward-thinking security program to protect the workforce and secure infrastructure appeal to you? If so, check out this opportunity.
The Senior Security Analyst position (Senior Management Analyst) will perform a variety of professional, technical, and administrative support functions and conduct analyses to develop and implement a Valley Water security program that protects critical infrastructure, key resources, and the personnel and property of Valley Water. This position will be a key member of the team and drive the efficient and effective security staff and contractor performance and program development through analysis and technical and administrative support functions.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The Senior Security Analyst for the Security Office will perform standard security procedures including the following functions:
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in the design, integration, management, and maintenance of Security Systems for Valley Water.
• Support homeless abatement and encampment cleanup efforts in Valley Water creeks and property, including liaison with local law enforcement and social services agencies.
• Build and manage database of homeless abatement and cleanup efforts.
• Provide field threat assessments and escorts for staff working in creeks and property.
• Support Active Shooter threat awareness planning and training efforts for Valley Water staff.
• Respond to security incidents in coordination with Valley Water Security staff, security guards, and local law enforcement.
• Support efforts to enhance physical security system.
• Coordinate with local law enforcement and regional partners for common security projects that impact Valley Water.
Ideal Candidate’s Background Includes:
Applicants whose experience and background best match the ideal experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and education are considered ideal candidates for the position. To determine the top candidates, each applicant will be assessed based on the ideal candidate criteria listed below.
• Five (5) years of experience performing administrative, operational, management, or financial analysis of complex security issues.
• Experience analyzing and recommending equipment and resources necessary to reduce security risks at a place of critical infrastructure is desirable.
• Experience with video surveillance security systems.
• Experience supporting homeless related abatement issues and collaboration with outside agencies.
Ideal Skills and Abilities:
• Analyze and present security threats, vulnerabilities, consequences, and specify risk reduction opportunities.
• Collect, interpret, and evaluate highly complex and diverse information and data.
• Recommend and implement modifications to existing programs, systems, and procedures.
• Work well in a team environment, quickly resolve conflicts, and contribute to a positive work environment.
• Analyze and review the work plan for assigned projects and determine workflow needs.
• Execute verbal and written instructions; be courteous but firm in maintaining general communication with the general public in normal and stressful situations.
• Express oneself clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing to all levels of the organization.
• Read and understand laws, Valley Water policies, safety rules and instructions.
• Work safely and independently.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
• Ability to problem solve and be resourceful in finding solutions
• Ability to multitask, organize, prioritize work to meet established deadlines, and manage time wisely.
• Research, analyze, and evaluate new service delivery methods and techniques.
• Use common desktop applications and software.
• Advanced methods and techniques used to analyze business processes and recommend solutions for existing problems.
• Critical infrastructure systems and key resource protection strategies, tactics, and capability development.
• Advanced methods and techniques used to collect and analyze data and prepare reports based on findings.
• National Preparedness Goal Prevention and Protection mission areas.
• Risk management analytical methodologies.
• Access control and alarm and CCTV monitoring systems.
• Security incident command and management.
• Principles of budget preparation, analysis, forecasting and control.
Ideal Training and Education:
• Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Directly related experience may be substituted for the college requirement on the basis of one and one-half years of experience for one year of education to a maximum of four years.
• Specialized training in the security field, security systems, law enforcement, military, or a related field is preferred.
Required License or Certificate
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver’s license. Individuals who do not meet the driver’s license requirement due to a disability will be considered for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To review the Classification Specification, please click http://apps2.valleywater.org/About_Us/_Jobs/Salary_and_classification/_Spec_PDFs/Senior Management Analyst – 5-2019.pdf https://get.adobe.com/reader/
(1) The selection process may include one or more of the following: application review, application assessment, performance exercise, written exercise and/or interview.
(2) The Employment Application, Qualifying Information Questions and/or Supplemental Questions will be evaluated based on the ideal candidate criteria listed above. Resumes are highly recommended.
NOTE: Position and start date is subject to availability of funds. Valley Water retains the right to repost this position as deemed necessary.
Consideration may be given to existing applicant pools within the same classification.
Valley Water’s Equal Opportunity Non-Discrimination Policy is available for review upon request.
Valley Water will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources in advance of any special needs by calling 408-630-2260.
Please be aware that once submitted all application materials become the property of Valley Water and will not be returned. Human Resources staff are not authorized to make copies of application materials for applicants.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2461009
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
See Job Description