Opens online at www.ebmud.com/jobs on Monday, September 7, 2020
Online applications must be received by 4:30 p.m., Friday, September 25, 2020
Internal Reference #20-091
East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) is seeking a seasoned Senior Human Resources Analyst in the Diversity and Inclusion Office (DIO). The DIO is responsible for EBMUD’s Diversity and Inclusion Program, workforce strategy/outreach, and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) programs. This includes developing the annual Diversity and Inclusion Programs for Minorities and Women and for Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities; providing advice and counsel and investigating allegations of discrimination, harassment and retaliation; responding to agency (EEOC and DFEH) claims; developing and administering workforce development programs to increase diversity such as internships, training and partnerships with colleges and community based organizations; conducting diversity outreach; managing EBMUD Affinity Groups; and developing and presenting training. EBMUD is also engaged in developing its first Diversity and Inclusion Master Plan and Racial Justice and Equity Project.
The Senior Human Resources Analyst provides lead technical direction to DIO staff and performs the most difficult and significant work in the DIO. Specifically, the person selected will handle EEO consultations and investigations, develop and administer workforce development programs, coordinate and staff outreach events, and assist with the development of the annual Diversity and Inclusion Programs.
Typical duties include:
• Investigating EEO discrimination and harassment complaints, preparing associated reports of findings and determinations, recommending and implementing resolution strategies; and providing EEO consultation to employees, managers and supervisors.
• Managing external investigations of EEO complaints.
• Responding to DFEH and EEOC claims.
• Interpreting and explaining rules, regulations, state and federal laws, policies and procedures related to the administration of EBMUD’s Diversity and Inclusion/EEO programs.
• Developing and administering internship programs, partnerships, training, etc. and working with colleges and community based organizations to develop qualified and diverse job candidates.
• Coordinating and staffing outreach events.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to EEO; and industry principles and practices related to conducting workplace EEO investigations.
• Working knowledge of instructional design and delivery of training materials.
• General knowledge of contemporary principles and practices of supervision; industry principles and practices related to recruitment sources and techniques; and contemporary computer applications, i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access (or other database) and Outlook.
• Skill in applying subject matter knowledge and principles related to investigating and analyzing EEO issues and problems, reaching sound conclusions, making recommendations, and implementing solutions; AND
• Ability to direct and review the work of others; write and speak effectively; prepare effective correspondence, memoranda and reports; develop and maintain effective working relationships, confidence and trust of EBMUD’s managers, supervisors, employees and the public; persuade, influence, and negotiate; exercise sound judgment in dealing with others where relations may be strained; work under pressure; and coordinate several projects or assignments concurrently.
The annual salary is $108,912 up to $157,284. Initial placement within the range is based upon qualifications. Appointment is typically made at or below the control point ($141,588 per year).
EBMUD offers an excellent benefits program that includes: paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; family health insurance coverage; family dental and vision care plans; retirement plan (reciprocal with CalPERS); 401(k), 401(a) and 457(b) tax-deferred retirement plans; transit subsidy; tuition reimbursement; and opportunities for professional growth including training and career development.
Any combination of education and experience that has led to the acquisition of the knowledge and abilities indicated above. Typical means of acquiring the essential knowledge and abilities is a combination of training and experience equivalent to:
1. Completion of four years of college resulting in graduation or its equivalent.
2. Three years of increasingly responsible professional human resources experience in equal employment opportunity programs.
3. Must possess physical characteristics to perform the critical and important duties of the job, including sufficient physical mobility to visit a variety of work sites and sufficient strength to lift and carry boxes of personnel materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
4. Must be willing to work during evening or weekend hours and work overtime as needed.