Public Relations Specialist
Salary: $9,023.73 – $11,549.20 Monthly
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 01311-E
Location: CA, CA
Department: Office of External Affairs
Closing: 7/30/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
PUBLIC RELATIONS SPECIALIST Valley Water, San Jose, CaliforniaAnnual Salary $108,284 – $138,590 (based on 7-step salary range) Valley Water’s Mission: Provide Silicon Valley safe, clean water for a healthy life, environment, and economy.
Valley Water, one of the largest water utilities in the nation, serving over 2 million people in Silicon Valley, the heart of California, is looking for a Public Relations Specialist! This is a great opportunity for a creative, strategic influencer, who has experience in moving the needle through strategic communications campaigns, has a keen ability to “see around corners,” and produces communications and public relations campaigns that will mitigate threats and protect Valley Water’s reputation. The ideal candidate is a public relations outreach and community relations minded professional who wants to make a difference while working for an agency that cares about habitat protection, clean and safe water, flood protection, and more.
For more information, please see the full recruitment brochure: https://indd.adobe.com/view/aa63e526-21cb-4270-a28a-4c2fa4e72832
THE JOB / IDEAL CANDIDATE
This position serves the Media & Public Relations Team, under the Office of Communications, which provides public relations and communications strategies and support for divisions across the entire organization, including water supply, raw and treated water, water utilities and distribution, administration, operations and maintenance, watershed stewardship and planning, dam safety and capital delivery, and more. You will work with board directors, elected officials, executives, general staff, external vendors, community leaders, and a wide variety of stakeholders. This position will think outside the box to produce turnkey campaigns and deliver strategic concepts and media pitches. The day-to-day job is fast paced and will switch from proactive to reactive strategies. This position is responsible for keeping up on the politics and the business of Valley Water, and issues/current events that could impact the Santa Clara Valley Water District (Valley Water). You will “see around the corner” to effectively mitigate threats, positively enhance the organization’s brand, and protect Valley Water’s reputation. The Public Relations Specialist will promote awareness of and engagement on Valley Water goals, projects and programs through traditional and social media campaigns, website content management, production of press releases, feature articles, and other materials, and represent Valley Water with public engagement efforts, including occasionally serving as the media liaison. Additionally, this position produces talking points for executives and board directors, and effectively addresses and communicates Valley Water messaging to the public regarding regional, organizational challenges and emergencies.
• Drought messaging to inform the public about our county’s water supply outlook given the current extreme drought conditions.
• Encourage and promote water conservation by proactively and creatively urging residents to minimize their water usage through use of our rebate programs and water efficient tools/offerings.
• Our largest reservoir, Anderson Dam, is nearly dry as Valley Water seismically retrofits the dam; the work is anticipated to last about a decade.
• Raising awareness of and support for infrastructure opportunities such as the Purified Water Project that will enhance our future water supply.
Ideal candidates should have experience working in a public relations firm or like role. This position does not require experience working in a public agency; however, experience navigating political environments, community engagement and working with elected officials is a plus. A strong candidate should know how to influence others, produce and deliver a powerful media pitch to decision makers, produce strategic, innovative, and winning public relations campaigns, and communicate and work effectively with peers and creative and other professionals.
Preferred background, education, and licensure:
• Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in communications, public relations, marketing or a related field.
• Three (3) years of experience in public relations, marketing and/or public information.
• Directly related experience may be substituted for the college requirement on the basis of one and one-half years of experience for one year of education to a maximum of four years.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver’s license.
Salary and Benefits:
Annual Salary $108,284 – $138,590 (based on 7-step salary range) and an attractive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY: for first consideration APPLY by July 30, 2021
SECURE THE DATES:
• Interviews will be held on August 23, 2021 and August 30, 2021 (candidates invited to interview will need to be available for both days)
Please contact your recruiter, Wendi Brown, with any questions:
• 866-929-WBCP (9227) toll free
• 541-664-0376 (direct)
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2369372
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
See Job Description