Opens online at www.ebmud.com/jobs on Monday, July 12, 2021
Online applications must be received by 4:30 p.m., Friday, July 16, 2021
Internal Reference # 21-097
The Network Analyst I is responsible for the installation, testing, and routine maintenance of computer hardware and software; assisting clients in identifying hardware and software problems; troubleshooting network problems; and providing basic user support and informal PC training.
Typical duties include:
• Determining causes and remedying malfunctions in hardware and software, including maintaining and troubleshooting PCs and printers on a LAN/WAN;
• Receiving requests from customers on a variety of services; providing response immediately or within a specific timeframe; entering action taken to meet customer needs into a work order tracking system;
• Assisting with front desk coverage to include greeting and assisting customers, answering incoming calls, dispatching network analysts to job sites, and updating management on global network, server and printing problem status;
• Installing and configuring PCs, printers, plotters and other hardware, and installing software; and
• Maintaining complete personal computer systems including hardware and software.
General Knowledge of:
• PC / laptop installation, maintenance, and repair;
• Software installation and problem resolution;
• Basic problem analysis and resolution; and
• Basic knowledge of network (LAN/WAN) architecture and functionality.
• Progressively learn the operations, functions, capabilities, and requirements of computers and related peripheral equipment;
• Learn the techniques involved in modification and maintenance of systems;
• Maintain attention to detail and produce accurate work;
• Prepare routine status reports and documentation of work in progress and work completed;
The salary range is $6,540 per month, increasing to $6,867, $7,210, $7,571 and $7,950 after 6, 18, 30, and 42 months, respectively. The top monthly salary step for a Network Analyst II is $9,687.
East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) offers an excellent benefits program that includes: paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; family health insurance coverage; family dental and vision care plans; retirement plan (reciprocal with CalPERS); 401(k), 401(a) and 457(b) tax-deferred retirement plans; transit subsidy; tuition reimbursement; and opportunities for professional growth including training and career development.
1.Bachelor’s degree in computer science, telecommunications or related field.
2. Valid California driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
3. Willingness to travel to any EBMUD work site as needed, both to perform regularly scheduled inspection and maintenance, and unscheduled repair work.
4. Physical characteristics to perform the critical and important duties of the job including visual acuity sufficient to read a variety of materials on the computer screen; eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity to use small tools and take apart casings, install parts and reconnect computers, wiring and peripherals. Duties require maintaining a physical condition necessary for sitting, standing or bending for prolonged periods of time.
5. Willingness to work overtime as needed.