Management Analyst I/II
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 01321-E
Location: CA, CA
Department: Water Utility Capital
Closing: 8/13/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Treatment Plant Project Delivery Unit (Position Code 0986)
Management Analyst I: $8,586.93 – $10,994.53 monthly
Management Analyst II: $9,476.13 – $12,129.87 monthly
Do you have 1-3 years of experience supporting capital improvement or related projects? Do you thrive on supporting a project team and being the go-to excel guru? Are you passionate with impeccable attention to detail? If so, check out this opportunity.
The Management Analyst I/II will perform a variety of complex research, administrative, operational, financial, and analytical assignments in support of the unit. This position requires familiarity with policies, operational procedures, and budgetary processes regarding Capital Improvement or similar projects. This position will be responsible for analyzing, evaluating, and preparing financial reports for 9 multi-million-dollar Capital Improvement Projects totaling $496 million dollars.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist unit manager and project managers with updates for Capital Improvement Projects required for each new budget cycle; gather information and draft narratives, accomplishments, and milestones; on an ongoing basis, run reports and monitor expenditures for unit’s projects, and address budget adjustment needs when appropriate. Develop and monitor assigned budget(s), including developing revenue projections, multi-year cash flow analyses, and cost containment strategies; collect and analyze financial data and prepare budget reports including labor reports, overall expenditure reports, review and analyze funding requests and allocation measures; and create data tracking and reporting systems.
• Create and track Board and Committee agenda items in Legistar; draft Agenda Memos; shepherd items through the Legistar approval process. Prepare and route documents for signature approval; coordinate onboarding for new team members; ensure staff are up to date on required training; prepare correspondence on behalf of the unit manager.
• Draft and review terms and conditions of consultant agreements, status change requests, and amendments; prepare and coordinate vendor purchase orders; review, process and track consultant and vendor monthly invoices and payments.
• Provide documentation control and ensure that all projects comply with the QEMS Capital Delivery process and procedures including developing systems to track requirements and ensure that records are produced or waived; accordingly, organize electronic and hard copy project files and records; other duties may include assisting with project closeout, development, and delivery of staff presentations, reports and other correspondence as appropriate and necessary.
• Assist with unit and project team meetings; prepare meeting agendas, take notes, and capture action items; gather information and prepare talking points; take on unforeseen high-priority assignments and projects as they arise; perform complex research or analysis; provide professional staff assistance to management; research, implement, and administer policies, procedures, and changing business practices and processes.
Ideal Candidate’s Background Includes:
Applicants whose experience and background best match the ideal experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and education are considered ideal candidates for the position. To determine the top candidates, each applicant will be assessed based on the ideal candidate criteria listed below.
Management Analyst I
One (1) year of experience performing administrative, operational, management, or financial analysis of complex issues.
Management Analyst II
Three (3) years of experience performing administrative, operational, management, or financial analysis of complex issues.
Ideal Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Ability to prepare various types of budget reports including but not limited to labor reports, overall expenditure reports, multi-year cash flow analyses, consultant agreement and construction contract reports, and encumbrance/actual/planned projection reports.
• Ability to assist project managers in developing project plans consisting of budget, scheduling, and resources.
• Ability to monitor assigned project budgets, develop cost containment strategies, and help with the preparation of Change Management Memos as needed.
• Ability to assist with managing project plan databases, generating projections and producing materials for the bi-annual budget preparation process. This will entail drafting Board agenda items, tracking them as they go through the Legistar approval process and gathering data or other information for periodic reporting.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel.
• Familiarity with Valley Water policies and operational procedures regarding the Capital Improvement Program procedures and budgetary process.
• Familiarity with QEMS compliance.
Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in public administration, business administration, accounting, finance, or a related field.
Directly related experience may be substituted for the college requirement on the basis of one and one-half (1.5) years of experience for one (1) year of education to a maximum of four (4) years.
Required License or Certificate
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver’s license. Individuals who do not meet the driver’s license requirement due to a disability will be considered for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To review the Classification Specification, please click http://apps2.valleywater.org/About_Us/_Jobs/Salary_and_classification/_Spec_PDFs/Managment Analyst I-II – 5-2019.pdf https://get.adobe.com/reader/
(1) The selection process may include one or more of the following: application review, application assessment, performance exercise, written exercise and/or interview.
(2) The Employment Application, Qualifying Information Questions and/or Supplemental Questions will be evaluated based on the ideal candidate criteria listed above. Resumes are highly recommended.
NOTE: Position and start date is subject to availability of funds. Valley Water retains the right to repost this position as deemed necessary.
Consideration may be given to existing applicant pools within the same classification.
Valley Water’s Equal Opportunity Non-Discrimination Policy is available for review upon request.
Valley Water will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources in advance of any special needs by calling 408-630-2260.
Please be aware that once submitted all application materials become the property of Valley Water and will not be returned. Human Resources staff are not authorized to make copies of application materials for applicants.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2405428
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
See Position Description