Information Systems Analyst II/III (Drupal Developer)
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 01329-E
Location: CA, CA
Department: Information Technology
Closing: 9/7/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Software Services Unit (Position Code 0730)
Information Systems Analyst II: $9,249.07 – $11,840.40 monthly
Information Systems Analyst III: $10,204.13 – $13,067.60 monthly
Are you a web developer with 3 or more years of experience working with Drupal? Do you enjoy working with multi-disciplinary project teams to create excellent software solutions? Are you interested in applying your web development experience to a public agency environment where you have the satisfaction of knowing your work supports the mission of providing safe, clean, and reliable water, flood protection, and environmental stewardship to Santa Clara Valley? If so, check out this unique opportunity.
Valley Water is seeking an experienced Information System Analyst II/III to join our Software Services Unit of the Information Technology Division. This Unit evaluates, implements, and provides support to Enterprise systems including: Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, Asset Management system (Maximo), Enterprise Database Management system (Oracle) as well as in-house applications (Oracle APEX), and Valley Water’s internet and intranet.
The Information System Analyst II/III plays a key role in providing support and maintenance to Valley Water websites, driving all aspects of website development including gathering requirements, designing implementation, supporting web operations, testing, implementing security controls, and optimizing searches. This position requires a good understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, deployment, as well as backend knowledge. The Information System Analyst II/III will be expected to create and maintain different integrations using APIs, research and recommend software solutions and support enterprise systems. They must possess a deep knowledge of Drupal development and content management. In addition, hands-on experiences in Salesforce and/or OnBase are a strong plus for this position.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain and support Valley Water websites.
• Optimize web pages for fast performance.
• Ensure all web pages are well tested and function as designed.
• Troubleshoot coding issues and implement fixes.
• Create, support, and maintain API interfaces among different Software and tools.
• Research, evaluate, and recommend 3rd party software solution to meet business needs.
• Create detailed documentation and share technical expertise with the team.
• Support enterprise systems.
• Perform other duties to support the IT division.
Ideal Candidate’s Background Includes:
Applicants whose experience and background best match the ideal experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and education are considered ideal candidates for the position. To determine the top candidates, each applicant will be assessed based on the ideal candidate criteria listed below.
Ideal Experience Level II:
• Three (3) years or more of Drupal web technologies and/or software development experience.
• Three (3) years or more of Drupal website design and management experience.
Ideal Skills, Abilities and Knowledge Level II
• Solid understanding of fundamental web technologies such as HTTP, REST, AJAX, and JSON.
• Strong backend skills including PHP and integration with REST APIs or web services.
• Able to build responsive websites.
• Familiar or have worked with SharePoint, Asana, or other project management tools.
• Good communications skills. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
• Work and collaborate with other business units.
• Juggle multiple competing priorities and/or projects without missing deadlines or key milestones.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Able to work during off-hours upon request.
Ideal Experience Level III
• Five (5) years or more of Drupal web technologies and/or software development experience.
• Five (5) years or more of Drupal website design and management experience.
• Salesforce CRM administration experience.
• OnBase administration experience.
• Oracle APEX application development experience.
• Oracle database or MySQL database experience.
Ideal Skills, Abilities and Knowledge Level III
In addition to the knowledge and skills for Information Systems Analyst II:
• Linux knowledge
• Cloud Computing Technologies such as Software as a Service (SaaS).
• Methods and techniques used in the installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of software applications.
• Principles and procedures for quality assurance and computer/system security.
• Methods and techniques of application development, design, and programming.
• Principles and procedures of quality assurance and security related to computer, and information systems.
• Standard graphics mark-up languages, programming languages and tools related to Internet systems.
• Internet security principles, protocols, methods, and procedures.
• Principles, practices, and responsibilities involved in leading the work of assigned staff.
• Attention to detail and an appreciation for design and beautiful user experience.
• Excellent in modern web design and integration in product development.
• Expert knowledge of web content development, Drupal modules configuration, and cloud services.
• Ability to plan, organize, review, implement associated project milestones to completion.
Education (Level II & Level III):
Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, information systems, or a related field.
Directly related experience may be substituted for the college requirement on the basis of one and one-half years of experience for one year of education.
License or Certificate:
Acquia certification is highly desirable.
PMP certification or other IT certifications is a plus.
Required License or Certificate
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver’s license. Individuals who do not meet the driver’s license requirement due to a disability will be considered for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To review the Classification Specification, please click http://apps2.valleywater.org/About_Us/_Jobs/Salary_and_classification/_Spec_PDFs/Information Systems Analyst I-II-III – 5-2019.pdf https://get.adobe.com/reader/
(1) The selection process may include one or more of the following: application review, application assessment, performance exercise, written exercise and/or interview.
(2) The Employment Application, Qualifying Information Questions and/or Supplemental Questions will be evaluated based on the ideal candidate criteria listed above. Resumes are highly recommended.
NOTE: Position and start date is subject to availability of funds. Valley Water retains the right to repost this position as deemed necessary.
Consideration may be given to existing applicant pools within the same classification.
Valley Water’s Equal Opportunity Non-Discrimination Policy is available for review upon request.
Valley Water will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources in advance of any special needs by calling 408-630-2260.
Please be aware that once submitted all application materials become the property of Valley Water and will not be returned. Human Resources staff are not authorized to make copies of application materials for applicants.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2440287
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
See Position Description