Opens online at www.ebmud.com/jobs on Monday, February 22, 2021
Online applications must be received by 4:30 p.m., Friday, March 5, 2021
Internal Reference # 21-026T
East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) invites candidates who have the appropriate qualifications to apply for this intern position (part-time – 19 hours per week, when school is in session OR temporary full time – 40 hours per week for up to 6 months on school breaks) in the Design Division of the Engineering and Construction Department. The Design Division provides mechanical engineering design services for EBMUD projects. The work group is currently primarily telecommuting and coming into the office for essential items only. When conditions improve the work group will return to the office.
The Engineering Aide will assist engineers in the section by performing the following typical tasks:
• Assist higher level engineers in the section.
• Prepare engineering calculations and drawings.
• Assist with investigations using various process instrumentation (pressure, temperature, flow measurements).
• Use PCs for spreadsheets, word processing, database, engineering programs, web editing, etc.
• Other duties as required.
NOTE: *This internship opportunity is not a regular civil service position.
1. Junior or Senior engineering student currently enrolled at an accredited college or university (or recent graduate) with interest in civil, mechanical and/or environmental engineering.
2. Valid California driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Self-motivated and have good command of spoken and written English.
• General computer skills are required.
• Computer programming and CAD experience is a plus.
• Co-op applicants are highly desired.