Opens online at www.ebmud.com/jobs on Monday, August 2, 2021
Online applications must be received by 4:30 p.m., Friday, August 27, 2021
Internal Reference # 21-109T
East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) invites candidates who have the appropriate qualifications to apply for this intern position (part-time – 19 hours per week, when school is in session OR temporary full time – 40 hours per week for up to 6 months on school breaks) in the Water Treatment Plant Improvement Section, Design Division of the Engineering and Construction Department. The Water Treatment Plant Improvement Section mainly focuses on capital infrastructure improvements at the five water treatment plants for EBMUD projects.
The Engineering Aide will assist engineers in the section by performing the following typical tasks:
• Compile and evaluate water quality data
• Evaluate water treatment plant hydraulic data
• Summarize and perform statistical analysis on water quality parameters and water treatment plant operations
• Gather field data at treatment and distribution facilities
• Prepare cost benefit analysis using engineering economics
• Prepare engineering drawings and specifications
• Use PCs for spreadsheets, word processing, graphics, database, engineering programs, etc., and
• Other duties as required.
NOTE: This internship opportunity is not a regular civil service position.
1. Junior, Senior, or Graduate engineering student currently enrolled at an accredited college or university with a focus in civil and/or environmental engineering.
2. Valid California driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
3. General computer skills are required.
4. Understanding of engineering economics and statistics.
5. Computer programming and CAD experience is a plus.
6. Microsoft Excel and Word experience.
7. Co-op applicants are highly desired.
8. Two semesters of water quality engineering coursework is a plus.