The Alameda County Water District, located in Fremont, California, is seeking to hire a Distribution Maintenance Supervisor to join the Operations and Maintenance team. The Distribution Maintenance Supervisor position, under general supervision, will plans, schedules, directs, and supervises the activities of field work crews engaged in the installation, inspection, testing, repair, and maintenance of water distribution system pipelines and related appurtenances and/or warehouse activities and staff; coordinates work plans with appropriate District personnel, outside agencies, and contractors; prepares the annual budget request for the work unit, estimating staffing and capital equipment needs; monitors and controls unit expenditures after budget adoption; investigates non-routine customer complaints and recommends solutions; provides information and assistance to insurance investigators, customers and the general public; and performs related work as required. This job class requires initiative, accuracy, attention to detail, organizational skills, the ability to focus on multiple tasks, and professional level analytical and evaluative judgment.
Education and Experience
Possession of an Associate’s Degree or its equivalent; and four (4) years of journey-level experience performing construction, maintenance, or other related activities, including one (1) year of year of lead experience OR completion of the District’s Leadership Skills Training Program. Supervisory experience desired.
Candidates who do not possess an Associate’s Degree must have a high school diploma and have completed supplemental college level course work equivalent to 30 semester units; and must complete an additional 30 semester units of college coursework, equivalent to an associate’s degree, within three (3) years of hire. If not previously completed, completion of the District’s Leadership Skills Training Program is required following hire.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an unrestricted Class A California driver's license within 12 months of hire and have a satisfactory driving record.
- Must possess a valid General Backflow Tester Certificate, and Water Distribution Operator Grade 3 certificates.
- Must obtain Cross Connection Specialist and Water Distribution Operator Grade 4 certificates within two (2) years.
- Position may be required to be on call 24 hours a day, respond to after-hours emergencies and be required to work unusual or long hours, weekends, and holidays.
-Progression through the salary range will be predicated on the attainment of the required certifications and licensure listed here and as listed under Education and Experience.