Join the Zone 7 Water Agency team as an Assistant Water Resources Planner and make an impact in water conservation!
Assistant Water Resources Planner, Zone 7, is the journey level class in the professional planning classification series. Incumbents perform routine to difficult planning work and are expected to exercise professional judgment within established parameters.
Our current vacancy exists in our Integrated Planning section. This position will mainly oversee the rebate conservation program; track regional and statewide efforts on conservation (legislation, best practices, latest innovations); work closely with the retailers’ conservation teams to coordinate efforts; perform research, studies, and data analysis to support the conservation program and water supply planning; as well as other impactful duties.
IDEAL CANDIDATE: In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications stated below, the ideal candidate has experience with a proven track record of success that demonstrates knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
· Proven experience working on environmental and water resource management issues, including
watershed management, water conservation, and water supply and flood protection planning.
· Established experience performing qualitative and quantitative data analysis
· Demonstrates proficiency in a variety of software including GIS
· Ability to prepare concise and clear reports and presentations
· Effectively works well in a multi-disciplinary team and professionally interact with the public is a plus
· Successful development and maintenance of collaborative relationships to facilitate the
accomplishment of work goals
· Effectively able to identify problems and use logic, judgment, and data to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions to achieve the desired organizational goal or outcomes
REQUIREMENTS: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in urban or regional planning, economics, environmental studies, or a closely related field.
The equivalent of two years full-time professional planning experience.
Must possess a valid State of California Motor Vehicle Operator's license and have a satisfactory driving record.