“Please apply by August 13, 2021 for first consideration.”
Please visit the following link: Recruitment Flyer Assistant General Manager Administration
To be considered, please submit a detailed resume and a compelling letter of interest electronically to AGM.CCWD@thehawkinscompany.com by August 13, 2021. The application materials must include scope of experience, key professional attributes, size and scope of financial leadership including size of current organization’s operating and capital budget.
For additional information or confidential inquiries, please contact a member of our consulting team (The Hawkins Company):
Ms. Brett Byers at 323-403-8279, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Christine Boulware at 312-391-6098, email@example.com
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER – ADMINISTRATION The AGM is appointed by and reports to the General Manager and serves as the District’s chief administrative leader and financial strategist. The AGM - Administration oversees the District’s total budget - which for FY22 is $188.2 million - and leverages the District’s financial opportunities.
• The position oversees the work of the Finance Department, Human Resources and Risk Division, and Information Technology Division.
• Develop a financial plan to fund the $1B capital program;
• Address the rate issues balancing the needs and demands of the department with the equity inherent in rate increases;
• Support Finance and Accounting in their efforts to develop strong purchasing, contract administration and best administrative practices;
• Support Information Technology in their efforts to enhance the existing systems, strengthen cybersecurity measures, and support finance in the system conversion effort;
• Support Human Resources & Risk in their efforts to enhance the employee life cycle;
• Ensure best management of the retirement fund;
• Develop and provide best in class administrative services to the entire agency.
The District has a self-maintained Retirement and Other Post-Employment Benefits (OPEB) plans and trusts and the AGM serves as the appointed Plan Administrator. In serving as the District’s plan administrator, the AGM receives direction from the Board of Directors when exercising those duties.