Opens online at www.ebmud.com/jobs on Monday, July 19, 2021
Online applications must be received by 4:30 p.m., Friday, July 23, 2021
Internal Reference #21-101T
East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) invites qualified applicants to apply for a Temporary Construction (TC) (up to 4 years) Accounting Technician position within the Accounting Division. Accounting Technicians perform varied and complex accounting clerical work and learn to perform professional accounting work. Under general supervision, perform a variety of duties related to accounting, bookkeeping and other fiscal and financial records, and perform related work such as:
• Performing detailed daily reconciliations of cash and investment transactions with financial institutions, including multiple funds.
• Computing, compiling, and verifying a variety of financial, statistical, and accounting data including manual and computerized reports.
• Maintaining and reconciling a variety of financial, statistical, and accounting records; verifying accuracy and completeness, and arranging for corrections as necessary.
• Preparing reports, records correspondence, invoices and other accounting and financial documents, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
• Processing data from subsystems and reconciling computer input/output data.
• Preparing journal entries, posting and balancing ledger accounts, and preparing financial reports as directed.
• Assisting in the preparation of complex financial and accounting reports, statements, and other documents.
• Classifying and verifying data reported on various financial documents such as invoices, material documents, timesheets, etc.
• Providing factual information to EBMUD personnel from various work units, retirees, vendors, and contractors and others that requires knowledge and interpretation of rules, policies and procedures pertaining to work assignments.
The most competitive candidates will:
• Have at least one year of accounting experience, including knowledge of accounting procedures, principles, and techniques.
• Have experience using accounting software packages.
• Know queries, reports, and filing systems.
• Know MS Office software.
• Have demonstrated ability to make independent decisions.
• Be highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
• Be a team player and thrive in a collaborative environment.
NOTE: The recruitment for this temporary position will not result in the establishment of a civil service list.
A typical means of acquiring the essential knowledge and abilities is:
1. Completion of the twelfth grade or its equivalent plus 12 semester units in accounting; and
2. Three years of increasingly responsible experience preparing and maintaining payroll, accounting, bookkeeping, statistical, billing or other financial records.