Opens online at www.ebmud.com/jobs on Monday, August 16, 2021
Online applications must be received by 4:30 p.m., Friday, August 27, 2021
Internal Reference # 21-115
East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) invites qualified applicants to apply for an immediate opening in the Accounting Department. Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Systems Supervisor supervises the professional accounting and clerical work performed by the staff of an assigned section of the Accounting Division. This individual may supervise staff in a section that handles a variety of accounting functions such as: project costing, fixed asset creation, asset depreciation, inventory accounting/auditing activities, cash/investment reporting, customer billings, general ledger, financial audit and statements, financial and rate analyses, retirement accounting, financial systems reporting, management and enhancement.
Other typical responsibilities include the following:
• Plan, direct, and review the work of the project costing, fixed asset depreciation, cash reconciliation, investment reporting, inventory systems, accounts receivable, general ledger, retirement and systems units.
• Direct the preparation, maintenance, verification, and reconciliation of a wide variety of financial records, reports, invoices, statements, and statistical information generated from EBMUD’s financial information system.
• Direct and perform difficult and complex accounting, financial auditing, project costing, asset creation and special assignments.
• Interact with internal and external auditors, information services staff, vendors, consultants, and representatives of local, state, and federal agencies.
• Oversee the implementation of financial software and hardware improvements to the project costing, fixed asset and general ledger modules.
• Assist in the preparation and analysis of division annual budget requirements including cost/benefit analysis.
• Direct and prepare studies and reports as required for outside auditors and agencies.
• Work collaboratively on normal operational and special assignments inside and outside of the division.
The most competitive candidates for this position will have a strong accounting foundation (account reconciliation, internal controls and financial reporting), and experience overseeing the implementation of new computer applications, change management, collaboration, supervision, and project management.
The salary range is $11,251 per month increasing to $11,814, $12,405 and $13,025 after 6, 18, and 30 months, respectively.
EBMUD offers an excellent benefits program that includes: paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; family health insurance coverage; family dental and vision care plans; retirement plan (reciprocal with CalPERS); 401(k), 401(a) and 457(b) tax-deferred retirement plans; transit subsidy; tuition reimbursement; and opportunities for professional growth including training and career development.
1. Completion of four years of college, resulting in graduation or its equivalent, with major work in accounting, and
2. Four years of increasingly responsible professional accounting experience.
* Previous experience overseeing accounting and financial reporting functions in a computerized environment, and two or more years of supervisory experience are highly desirable.